Our First Blog post is a recipe for Linguiça Soup. It is one of our family favorites. It is also called Portuguese Soup.
From the Kitchen of Scott & Lynda Hendricks
- 4 links of Linguiça sliced
- 8 C Chicken Broth
- 8 C cold water
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 head cabbage chopped in bite-sized pieces
- 1 bunch kale tear leaves into large bite size pieces
- 5 – 6 potatoes cut into bite size pieces
- Splash Tobasco Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 4 carrots diced
- 1 ½ c Dried Red Kidney Beans (pre-soaked overnight)
- 1 tsp sea salt
In soup pot, Combine Linguiça, chicken broth, water, onion, garlic, sea salt, potatoes, paprika, Tobasco sauce, carrots and beans. Bring to boil, and then simmer 30 minutes. Add the cabbage and kale, bring to boil and then simmer for 45 – 60 minutes. Serve with favorite toasted Panini sandwich.