From the Kitchen of Scott & Lynda Hendricks
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil, plus more for searing
- ½ Red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ Yellow Bell Pepper
- ½ Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp Sea Salt, plus more seasoning
- ½ tsp Black Pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 3 clv Garlic, minced
- 2 Lbs Flank Steak, flattened as much as possible
- 1½ C Spinach
- ⅓ C Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Long toothpicks or short skewers
Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
Heat the olive oil in an oven-proof skillet. Toss in the bell peppers, onions, salt, pepper, and garlic, and sauté until the veggies have softened, about 10 minutes.
Season the flank steak on both sides with a good pinch of salt and black pepper. Sprinkle on the spinach in an even layer and top with the sautéed peppers. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the veggies and tightly wrap the steak into a roll.
Skewer the steak with toothpicks about 1½ inches apart so that the steak will hold its shape. Slice between the toothpicks to create individual steak rolls.
Heat a few more tablespoons of olive oil in the skillet. When the oil hot, sear the steak rolls until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, longer for well-done.
Let the steak rest for 5 minutes before removing toothpicks.